Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's Summa Time!

Finals? Check.
Last-minute projects? Check.
End-of-year music and dance performances? Almost done!

Summer is FINALLY in full swing,which means:
Lake parties
Getting paid to sit down at the greenhouses at the nursery waiting on customers
Long runs
Wearing my cute new DownEast Basics swimsuit and white floppy hat from Wet Seal
13 mile bike rides
Getting tan
Young Women's Camp
Utahhhhhh!
Youth Conference
EFY (ahhhhh!!!!) :)
Band camp
More DIY and craft time
Sweet 16 party with my BFF
Farm-grown favorites from the nursery: watermelons, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries (yeah, my job is gonna be wonderful!)
And probably my favorite part: getting to spend more time with my little nieces and nephews! :)

I have been waiting for summer since our crazy winter weather that brought spring fever two months too soon. We had what I call a January Spring, and it's felt like I've been at school for far too long than I was supposed to. But that time has quickly passed, and starting Monday next week, I will be free and doing all of the above ^

Here are some things I want to try out this summer:
Frozen Yogurt Drops


Honey and Cinnamon DropsMakes 36 – 1tsp drops
175g (about 3/4 cup) honey flavoured greek yogurt (I used Krema brand)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Per Serving (1 drop): 8 calories, 1g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein, 3mg sodium, 0g finer
Peanut Butter and Chocolate DropsMakes 40 – 1 tsp drops
175g (about 3/4 cup) Oikos vanilla yogurt (not fat-free)
24 g (4 tbsp) PB2 peanut butter powder
1.5 tsp cocoa powder
Per Serving (1 drop): 6 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein, 7mg sodium, 0g fiber
Honey and Almonds DropsMakes 40 – 1tsp drops
175g (about 3/4 cup) honey flavoured greek yogurt (Krema)
1/4 cup skinless sliced almonds, toasted  and finely ground
Per Serving (1 drop): 11 calories, 1g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein, 3mg sodium, 0g fiber


                                                                     Mint-Lime Lemonade
- the juice from half a lemon
- the juice from half a lime
- 2 or more table spoons of brown sugar
- mint( I like mine more minty so I use around 6 leaves)
- water and ice.
You mix the lemon&lime juice with the brown sugar, and then you add the mint, water and ice! That simple!
Cookie Bowls with Fillings
I saw this idea on Pinterest and have wanted to try it for some time. Just flip over a muffin pan!

                                                               DIY T-Shirt Dress
DIY dress made out of a man's t-shirt. (I would wear skinny jeans or capris under this). Here are the instructions on how to make it.
                                                                   Braids
I dont use hairdryers, flat irons, or curling irons more than once or twice a week during the summer (unless I'm at EFY or Youth Conference of course!) Braids are a fave, but the usual side-braid I did all last summer got kind of boring after a while. I love these different braid styles.
        
The Real Hair Headband braid
Fishtail braid
Waterfall braid


Can't wait to try out all these fun things! Happy Summer to all of you! :)


5 comments:

  1. You are so cute, I can feel your energy and excitement through this post! Sounds like your summer will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete