I admire strong women above all others. "Strength" can fit into so many categories, like "strong body", "strong personality", "strong testimony", "strong muscles", "strong faith." Today I volunteered to work at a water station for a local half-marathon (I felt like a lazy bum for not running, but I haven't had time to train since track season ended, and I have a dance recital tonight-- can't dance with noodle muscles!) I saw women (and men) that I know from church, school, sports, family friends, and even complete strangers. One of the freshman English 1 teachers, Mrs. Nelson, has become a good aquaintence of mine the past few months. She's a cute, petite blonde who has had three kids, yet she runs every single day after school. I would see her running on the side of the road a lot as I was on my way to track practice. Changing before practice, I'd ask her questions and she'd give me some great running advice. As she approached my station, I was amazed her six pack-- jealous much! I also saw my Cross Country and Track-Distance coach, Mrs. Baird, who was one of the first women at the front of the race. My cousin, Emily Graves, has run tons of half- and full marathons. She has two kids and is pregnant with Kiddo #3. Dude, I want to be the pregnant running lady with two kids! ;) And I have to give most of the credit to the adorable wrinkly old ladies going at those 13 miles! Haha! I saw lots of inspirational women today that I would love to be like when I'm older. Strong women with flushed cheeks, glistening faces, pounding hearts, sweat-slicked hair and smiles on their faces as they catch their breath are some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Whether your strength is in your muscles or in your faith, you are powerful!




No comments:
Post a Comment