Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Weekend

This weekend has been pretty fun and relaxing, not to mention school is OFFICIALLY over (it's not like I skipped the whole last week of school anyway-- when exams end, I leave! No point in sitting in empty classrooms watching movies for a week when I can be earning money and actually having a life.) Friday night was graduation, and although I am going to miss a lot of the seniors, I think I'll be a little more sad to see next year's seniors leave, since I'm closer to them. Honestly, I wouldn't have gone to graduation had the band not been asked to play Pomp and Circumstance (ya know, that song you always hear in high school-themed movies for graduations? haha) But it was fun anyway :) Saturday I got paid, and after putting tithing money to the side, the total came out to exactly the amount I needed to buy my new camera! Ahhh! :) Happy girl right here :) And today, Sunday, was Ward Conference, which was an amazing one if I do say so myself :) During sacrament meeting, the Young Women sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," one of my favorite hymns, led by Sister Holly Caten. I love the leaders in my stake. They are SO much fun and really care about the youth. Sister Dodge gave an awesome lesson and I had to give her a hug (or two!) after closing prayer. Sister Kaelberer and Sister Parker are just amazing, for lack of a better term (because that sure doesnt sum up how great they really are!) They're some of the leaders over Girl's Camp, and I'm so excited to see what they have planned for us this summer!


Before graduation (aka, before I cooked in that cute little black dress because it was 90 degrees outside!)

My hair! :) Loosely curled (U-Curl Wand) side-twist pony with sparkly silver flower clip.

My Nikon Coolpix L810 camera with, ohhh yes, 16.1 megapixels!

I was amazed at the resolution of this camera. You can see the craters on the moon!

My Sunday outfit. :)
Dress- Belk
Cardigan- Hollister
Shoes- JCPenney
Earrings- Factory Connection

I love these shoes! I've had them for a year, and they're still as white as the day I bought them!

I guess you can say I had a little dress up afternoon once I finished cleaning. I saw this outfit in my mind before I ever put it on, and loved it instantly!
Top- Belk
Belt- Old Navy
Shorts- Papaya
Shoes- Journey

Adore the colors!



My parents and I have a tradition during the summer that we go walk at the Greenway after lunch. It was a gorgeous summer day <3


I saw a picture on Pinterest of a girl doing this pose with a camera, and had to do it. I had fun hanging upside down haha ;)


Perfect way to end the weekend: Chocolate Oatmeal "No Bake" Cookies
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1 stick margarine
3-4 T cocoa
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 1/2-3 c. quick cooking oats
1-2 t. vanilla

Boil sugar , milk, margarine, and cocoa 1 1/2 minutes (after reaching full boil). Remove from heat, add peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Beat until blended. Drop on wax paper by teaspoonfuls. Let stand until firm. Makes about 3 dozen.


This week:
-Memorial Day at the lake with cousins Cole and Noah, and family friends Adam, Craig, and Jamie.
-Lake party on Tuesday with my friends :)
-Wooorrrk at the nursery, along with babysitting my baby cousin, Eli (sooo much fun!) :)
-Relay for Life on Friday with Alyson, Dad, and other family and friends. :)
-Saturday morning: TEMPLE TRIP! :)

Be prepared: next week's post will have LOTS of pictures! Can't wait for the excitement ahead!


Love always,
Katherine

2 comments:

  1. soo cute and cant wait for the fun week ahead :) You better hide that dress, I seriously might steal it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love you Alyson! :) Hope you can make it to the lake party tomorrow! But if not its totally cool, I would want to spend time with my little cousins (nephews in my case!) if they were in town, too :) Loves!!

    ReplyDelete