Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Last Day in Utah :(

So today is my last full day in Utah, and I'm procrastinating my packing time majorly. Today has been packed, beginning with the Provo Freedom Festival 5k, then helping Race pass out Pizza Pie Cafe coupons for his work during the parade (it was "Come to Pizza Pie Cafe and get 40% off your meal, ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet! If you don't like pizza, this flyer makes a GREAT fan!" for two hours haha!) and a family gathering with Race's family. Now I'm getting stuff done while he's at work so that tonight we can go to a party and I won't have to worry about anything till tomorrow.
 I've had an amazing time while I've been here, and the only thing I would change is that the time would have passed slower. I didn't get to check everything off my Utah-Summer 2012 Bucket List, but I did do a lot of things that WEREN'T on my bucket list... ;) When I get home I'll make a post all about my trip, but for now, I want to write my feelings (which I wouldn't normally do on my blog):

I'm terrible at saying goodbye. I hate leaving here, leaving the people I love, leaving the place that has become a second home to me over the past 15-almost-16 years of my life. I guess I'm just a cry-baby, but that's Kat for ya. Haha :) I'm thankful that I get to come here so much. I'm thankful for my best friend, Race Acheson. He is the most incredible young man I have ever met.  I've met some fantastic guys at EFY and church-related activities in TN, but when my brother Sampson was called to be over the young men in Race's ward and the Acheson's home teacher, I dont see any coincident in that. Sam always kept the boys updated on when I'd be coming out for a visit (super embarrassing, but thats what big brothers do). I came out for Christmas my freshman year with my siblings and their spouses and kids, and towards the end of the trip, everyone caught some kind of virus. Needless to say, I was the one to get sick on the LAST day. I was invited to go play at a ward member's house with the youth, and even though I felt like crud, I went and had a blast. I was exhausted when I got back to the house when "that Race guy" sent me a text and asked if I wanted to go sledding in the park with him and one of his friends. "Just want you to have fun before you have to leave" he texted. I took a deep breath, got off the couch, put on some snow gear, and walked to Kiwanis Park. That's when we became best friends. We sledded and laughed, I didnt feel the least bit sick or tired. We stopped sledding and talked and got to know each other. Ever since, we have kept in touch, writing letters, doing FaceTime on our iTouches, talking on the phone, sending birthday and Christmas packages back and forth. When I'm here, we go on long walks, swimming, hiking, and talking for hours and hours. He has made me a better person in so many ways, and I think Heavenly Father knew I needed that kind of influence in my life. God makes no mistakes. I couldn't be more grateful for my best friend, and if you ever get the chance to meet him, you'll realize just how amazing of a person he really is. I think I will miss him second-most, because I'll miss my brother Russell the very most! Race is going with Russ and I to the airport tomorrow morning, so thankfully I'll see him right before I board the plane.


I've made so many memories here, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I love my friends, my family, and my Heavenly Father. I love this world, I love this life I'm living. Each new day is an clean, empty canvas, and the second you open your eyes and begin your day, you paint a masterpiece. When my life comes to a close, I want to step back and look at each day, each masterpiece, and know that I lived the life God intended for me to. I hope you all will live your lives in a way that will make you proud of your masterpiece :)
xoxo-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment