As a Wednesday night activity, the Young Women played a game where we split up into two teams and had our knowledge of the First Presidency and Twelve Apostles put to the test. My group was the Marvelous Moroni Maidens (see Alma 48:11) and the opposing team was Stripling Warrior Wives. Aren't we just too stinkin' cute? :) The winning team got first choice of the Conference Books that were put together by our leaders (packet from sugardoodle.net , search "conference packets", and scroll down to Youth/ Adult conference notebook).
Filling out my Conference Book was such a fun experience! The first page had a place to list your goals for conference, and what to do before, during, and after conference. There was a page for each member of the First Presidency and half a page for each of the Twelve Apostles. Each speaker had a section for notes, a margin for scriptures they mentioned, which session they spoke, and a box to write "in one word" what the talk was mainly about. For the First Presidency, you could color their tie and do a crossword puzzle about their lives. At the end is a section for more notes, a big crossword puzzle, and a talk called "No Ordinary Blessing" (Pres. Uchtdorf, September 2011 Ensign).
Several of the other young women and I got together for the first two sessions on Saturday at the ward building for a conference party. We had three boxes of oreos, a gallon of milk, a box of sandwiches, colored pens, crayons, markers, pillows, blankets, and our notebooks. We had so much fun together that day, and decided to make it a tradition for every Saturday session of conference from now on. :)
Sunday, I watched the last two sessions at church with my parents. Between sharing gummies, drawing pictures, and comparing pens with a little girl named Rylan, I managed to get a whole lot written down by the time the day was over. My mom and I made a special conference dinner: Cordon Bleu Chicken Casserole! Yum!
I got so much out of General Conference, and by putting together the hours for playing the game, watching conference, setting up the party, and preparing dinner, it added up perfectly to a ten hour Personal Progress project! I do feel like I've grown and progressed as I wrote down everything word that meant something to me. I have a strong testimony that my Savior lives and that the things spoken by the general authorities are words from our Heavenly Father. I know he loves us and will do anything to help us come to know him and our purpose here on earth. I'm so grateful for my teachers, leaders, parents, family members, and friends for all that they've done for me. :) I've really enjoyed this General Conference, and I'm excited for the next one in April. :)
Rachel and Latha :)
All of us :)
I was loaded with all the pens, pencils, highlighters, lip balm, and sharpies we needed :)
Delaney, Kara, and Ella :) I love these girls to death.
The Conference Book.
Thomas S. Monson's tie :)
Henry B. Eyring's tie. I think they all coordinated that day :)
Lucy :)








No comments:
Post a Comment