Friday, September 16, 2011

Everything Has A Meaning

I named my blog "The Light in Me" because it symbolizes me and the meaning behind my name, Katherine Lenora. "Katherine" means "Pure" and "Lenora" means "Light." The name "Lenora" has been passed down to me from my mom, who was named after my great-grandmother. As I continue to learn more about my family, myself, and my purpose here on this beautiful earth, I am discovering what exactly that "light" is, the meaning behind that name that I was given.

My Light is so many things: my membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, my big family, my musical talents, my natural motivation and ambition, my love of traveling, the will to keep pushing forward, my optimism in a world of denial, and the passion for service and hard work. We all have a Light in us, and we need to let it shine. I'm grateful for the Light I was given, and that it has shown me the way through darkness so many times before in the past.

As you read my blog, you will find things that are positive and uplifting. I hope that by giving a little of my Light to you, that you will also give your Light to others. I know that we are put in certain places and situations so that we can be made stronger and strengthen those around us as well. I know that all the trials we go through have a meaning behind them.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16






No comments:

Post a Comment